I’ve been struggling on whether to come back to blogging or just stay on blog vacation. I guess for now I will come back!
We found this great idea on Pinterest that we started this year. We grabbed an old spaghetti jar and throughout 2014 we would put pieces of paper of into the jar of the good things that happened to us. Things worth remembering and celebrating. This was a great way for us to look back and remember everything we did this year!
So here we have 2014 in review!
First and foremost we had the craziest winter in possibly a decade in the Lehigh Valley. It was the 5th snowiest winter ever recorded.
2014 was also the year that we started this blog!
- Trip to the America on Wheels Car Museum (not blogged)
- We moved into our own apartment FINALLY and got to use our wedding gifts that we had packed away for years.
- Our couch that was on layaway for months got delivered.
- We became aunt and uncle for the 4th time!
- 2 day/1 night trip to Washington DC to see the cherry blossoms.
- Photo shoot deal on groupon. For those of you that received your Christmas cards from us. Those were the photos! You are welcome! LOL
- We took a self-guided Covered Bridge Tour
- Trip to the Delaware Water Gap to go waterfall hunting
- Hike through the Trexler Preserve.
- I started working part-time as an Activities Aide at a Senior Independent Living Facility.
- Trip to the Somerset Rock Garden
- Iron Pigs Minor League Game with my Mom
- Site-seeing in Jim Thorpe.
- I left my position as an Activities Aide
- Accepted a position at an Assisted Senior Living Facility as an Activities Assistant.
- I started working as an Activities Assistant
- Received all of the perks of a full-time “grown-up” job (vacation time, personal time, 401k, etc).
- 3day/2night get-away in Vernon, New Jersey at Minerals Spa and Resort.
- Bought my FIRST car EVER. A 2014 Mazda 3.
- Celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary and 6 years of being together
- We moved into an upstairs apartment. (For those of you that do not remember, we had LOUD upstairs neighbors. After complaining enough to management, we got moved to an upstairs apartment directly next-door to them!)
- Trip to the Lehigh Valley Airshow (not blogged).
- We saw the Yankee’s play in the Bronx with my mother for Derek Jeter’s last season (not blogged)!
- I left my job as an Activities Assistant. The job was too closely related to my life and way too depressing.
- We spent Thanksgiving in New Jersey with my family.
- We got to host Christmas Eve at our place!
- We also spent Christmas Day with my family in New Jersey.
New Years Eve we spent with my brother and my mom at their place,
This was also the year of furniture. We ALMOST finished the dining room set (need to upholster one chair and paint the wood). The couch was got in March was deemed defective and they credited us the whole amount for a new couch, which we got. Our mattress from 2013 was deemed defective as well, but under the 10 warranty, we were credited the amount and purchased a new mattress. We also bought two end tables and a lift-top coffee table for our living room.
We have so many plans for 2015! I cannot wait to document them! We hope you follow along 🙂